Hello hello...it's only 10 pm but I feel like I should have gone to sleep hours ago!
Observations are going well and I'm learning a lot about creating an inclusive environment. Grade fives are cuter than I remember...as one of my profs told me, "They're just little kids in bigger bodies." I'm having some trouble organizing my thoughts on paper but for now I'm just jotting as I go and hoping that it works out in the end. My associate teacher is full of useful tips and makes me feel very comfortable in my role as an observer. I've been given the option to explore a mini lesson plan by this Wednesday since half the class will be away for a sports event. I might take advantage of that just to get my feet wet. Ironically the thing that I was most worried about before the day had even started was what I was going to wear, how I was going to present myself....in the end, none of that really mattered and now I have genuine problems to solve like making an interesting review lesson for the class on the body system unit. Looking forward to more learning (but maybe this time with a coffee in one hand!). Best of luck to all the other TC's out there working on their practicum :)
Happy Teaching!
Monday, October 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment