I've had a few lecture classes already andddd I'm ready to go back to practicum lol Funny how that turned out but I feel like I'm not quite ready to switch gears into lecture mode. Some of my courses sound like they will be really great, especially discussing issues that I had to deal with during practicum (including running records, assessments and making rubrics). I know I struggled to juggle the lesson planning with recording assessments on an ongoing basis so I hope that issue will motivate me to pay attention during class and learn as much as I can before I return to my practicum's school.
I do miss my kids too... actually it's funny that I keep calling them MY kids...they're not really but they've somehow brought out my maternal tendencies lol I sometimes look at the clock and think that they must be learning math or language right now and I genuinely miss creating a fun learning environment for them.
Next block I will be helping the grade twos and the classroom environment is a huge contrast to junior level classrooms. I got to meet the class before I left and talking to them felt very awkward to me. The teacher seems very supportive and I look forward working with someone who has such a different approach to her classroom compared to my first block. I'll also be in charge of the music for the Christmas concert and I'm SO excited to have the chance to use my music skills somewhere!
Anyway, I best get back to my assignments...they came hard and fast when we showed up Monday morning. I guess we only have the month of November to learn as much as we can before we return back in January for more learning. Best of luck to all those student teaching right now...definitely demanding on a multitude of levels!
Happy Teaching!
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment