Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Cupcake Time!

So in an earlier post I mentioned I chose cupcake decorating as one of my projects to do for math.  We were supposed to try something new and challenging that we've always wanted to do but were too scared to try.  I had to keep track of difficulties, anxieties, negative emotions and the math applications that can be found within the task.

Well turns out Kingston isn't too big on baking because it took me three grocery stores to find food colouring let alone piping nozzles and parchment paper.  Next I tried using youtube as my guru...and wow do they make it look so easy.  I was having trouble just making a cone with my parchment and they were already piping away.  I ended up using staples- yes staples! to secure my cone since tape wouldn't keep it together.

After much experimenting and the realization that icing sugar is the secret I present to you my first few batches of attempted decorating lol cake is half french vanilla or white cake and icing is buttercream for all of them-yum!

Definitely a boat load worth of life experiences learned in just that one task!

Enjoy and don't drool too much ;)

PS. last psychedelic batch was actually a house effort (I had to show them that "just" doing something did not make it easier to do!)

First Attempt....needed icing sugar :( 
















Second Attempt this time with icing sugar!







Not bad at all if I do say so myself lol





















These were even brighter in person..I think most people would think this was the product of a 10 year old experimenting instead of a bunch of college kids fooling around with sprinkles!  But great group effort even though some members offered to do the eating instead lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails